Guided stud tour
Lipizzaner knowledge at first hand
Shine during your next small talk with even more knowledge about the world-famous horses of the Spanish Riding School! Did you know, for example, that the origin of the Lipizzaner lies in the Barbary horse? Learn even more interesting and worth knowing facts and information about the origin, upbringing and life of the future stars of the Spanish Riding School from our professional horse whisperers. If you listen very carefully, you will even learn one or two secrets about our white stars!
Duration: approx. 1 hour
The tour is suitable for both children and adults.
TIP: With the ticket for a guided tour of the stud you have access to the stud at any time during the respective daily opening hours, i.e. also outside the guided tour.
Your added value
A ticket for a stud tour is not just a ticket for a stud tour! Your ticket also gives you access to our daily programme at the Lipizzaner Stud:
- Show forge: Things are heating up here! Take a look over the farrier's shoulder as he works in our forge on site.
- Access to the carriage museum: Carriage and sleigh lovers take note! Have you ever seen a 150-year-old carriage? No? Then be sure to drop by! Hunting carriages of Crown Prince Rudolf, carriages with retractable glass panes or magnificent carriages with imperial coats of arms and engraved lantern glasses.
- Public riding training: professionals at work! Watch our riders at work.
- Admission to the museum with the exhibition "Follow the herd": Insights into Lipizzaner breeding, the historical roots of the white horses and their tasks at the world-famous Spanish Riding School are presented to our visitors in a playful and informative way. Multimedia and interactive installations, 3D models and digitalised landscapes make technician's hearts beat faster.
- Foal experience (on selected days in spring): get to know the youngest Lipizzaners at the stud during a presentation.
daily until 6th november
09:45 | 11:00 | 13:00 | 14:15 | (15:30)*
The guided tour of 15:30 takes place only from july to september.
number of persons: min. 10 persons
in front of the ticketshop
Price and booking information
children from 6 years on EUR 9,-
adults EUR 14,-
Please note that tickets with reductions (NÖ-Card, STMK-Card, GenussCard, Zwei-und-mehr-Karte, ARBÖ and ÖAMTC membership card) can only be reserved by telephone or email and must be paid for and collected directly at the ticket shop. It is not possible to book these tickets via the Piber webshop.